Webinar On Patenting strategies for Start-ups in the IT and ITES domains
Date/Time: Tuesday, May 27, 2014; 11.30 AM to 12.30 PM IST (Approx. 1 hr)
Did you know that it is easier to obtain patent rights for your invention in the US compared to India? And, did you know that an average US patent is valued more than an average Indian patent?
Intellectual Property (IP) is the most important asset for technology companies. However, protecting IP can be very tricky due to the fact that laws and procedures vary from one country to another. For example, something that is patentable in US may not be patentable in India. Also, some patents are more valuable than others. For example, under most circumstances, a US patent is valued more compared to a corresponding Indian patent. And, protecting IP can be a tedious and costly process.
The complexities in the process of IP protection present inventors and owners with the unenviable task of making difficult choices. And, needless to say, it is important for companies, especially those that have very limited resources like start-ups, to choose the right strategy so that they get the maximum value out of their investments in protecting IP. This session is aimed at helping owners and inventors in making those important choices.
I. Overview of Patent process.
Overview will cover:
- basics of patenting process
II. Strategies for maximizing return on investment.
- strategies for obtaining maximum protection with minimum cost
- strategies for obtaining strong protection for a technology?
- considerations for deciding on the countries for patenting an invention
- strategies for effectively protecting inventor interest and business interest at the same time
III. Case Studies.
Through case studies speaker will bring out:
- the importance of claim writing and a strong patent application
- the key steps where an applicant's attention is absolutely required throughout the patenting process
Speaker: Arun Narasani, Founder, ipMetrix Consulting Group
To receive webinar announcements, please register your email id with us on the webinars main page. You may navigate to the webinars main page by clicking the "webinars" link in the navigation menu.
Image by Tristan Martin available here, CC BY-SA 2.0